Friday, June 4, 2010

Bigelow Herb Plus - Wild Blueberry Acai

The Wild Blueberry Acai tea from Bigelow was sent to me by the company itself after I requested some samples from this line. The teas from this line are caffeine-free are to be steeped for 4 minutes (according to the pack). They are also gluten-free

Ingredients (from the back of the pack):
Hibiscus, rose hips, natural wild blueberry and acai flavors with other natural flavors (soy lecithin), sweet blackberry leaves, blueberry fibre, orange peel, cinnamon, grape seed extract, vitamin C (sodium ascorbic), vitamin E (d-a-tocopheryl acetate), vitamin A palmitate

This certain tea was too sour, so a spoonful of sugar did the trick. I do have to say that the smell is so much better than the actual taste of the tea. It tasted like blueberries, as expected, but felt a bit boring to me. I tried to make a second cup, but the tea bag had drained all of it's flavor into my first cup. I had taken it out at exactly 4 minutes, but I guess this tea is pretty weak by the second cup. The tea leaves are pretty tiny. I personally would not buy this again.

Rating: 2/5
Recommend? No

No comments:

Post a Comment