Friday, June 4, 2010

Celestial Seasonings - Country Peach Passion Herbal Tea

For Celestial Seasonings, I also requested some samples. They offered to send me some coupons (three $0.50 off Celestial Seasonings) which I have received. I already used one for the sampler pack that includes this flavor.

Ingredients (from their site):
Orange peel, rosehips, hawthorn, chamomile, natural peach flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, hibiscus, peaches, citric acid and paprika (color).

This is 100% natural, caffeine-free, and zero calories. Sounds good to me.

This tasted like a non-sweet peach when no sugar was added. So obviously, I added sugar. About two spoons of sugar this time which was just enough to make this taste more peachy. The smell of this tea bag was mostly peach and something I can't identify. There was no string for the tea bag, so a spoon had to be used. I think this tea is flavorful enough to make a second cup, but beyond that I don't think it will taste right. Nice, but kind of boring. Maybe as an iced tea (I haven't tried it as an iced tea yet), but hot peaches? Kinda odd. Not really anything special unless you are a huge fan of peaches. I do like peaches, but it doesn't taste of peach as I wanted it to be.

Overall, it's an alright tea.

Rating: 3/5
Recommend? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment